Kids Christmas Recipes
Christmas Recipes For Kids
to Kids Christmas Recipes
We hope you really enjoy these christmas recipes for kids. These kids cooking recipes are all easy to do. Christmas is a great time of the year for getting all the family in the kitchen together.
Kids Christmas Recipes - CHOCOLATE GINGERBREAD
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup Molasses
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Soda
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 oz Chocolate
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the molasses, cream, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- In a teaspoon of cold water dissolve the soda.
- Add the dissolved soda and 2 tablespoons melted butter into the molasses mixture
- Sieve the flour then stir into the mixture
- Put chocolate in a bowl and melt in the microwave, add this and the rest of the melted butter into the mixture and stir together until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into three well greased, deep oven dishes, and bake in a moderately hot oven for around twenty minutes.
Kids Christmas Recipes - CHRISTMAS BUTTER COOKIES
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 + 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup soft butter
- Cream butter with a wooden spoon until it looks like whipped cream
- Slowly add the sugar and beat into the butter well
- Gradually add the flour stir in until well blended.
- Take up the mixture and wrap in grease proof paper for a few hours.
- Lightly flour a board then take the mixture and knead it a little and then form the mixture into a into a smooth ball.
- Roll out the ball to about 1/8 inch thick then cut into shapes.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake in moderate oven (350-f) about 12 minutes.
- Decorate the cookies with butter icing once cool.
Kids christmas Recipes - SPICE CAKES
- 1+3/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 cup chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup margerine or butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a large bowl cream or mix together the margerine or butter and sugar.
- Beat an egg with a fork in a cup until well mixed then add slowly to the butter mixture, beating the mixture well as you go.
- If the egg and butter start to look curdled add a little flour and mix in.
- Sieve into a bowl the flour baking powder and spices.
- Add the flour into the butter mixture slowly mixing well as you do so.
- Pour in the milk and stir well.
- Add a little flour to the raisins about a teaspoon will be enough.
- Add raisins to mixture and stir well.
- Bake in small greased tins in moderate oven about 25 minutes.
Kids Christmas Recipes - CHARLOTTE RUSSE
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Plain sponge cake or lady fingers
- Line a bowl with a sponge cake which you cut into fingers or the lady fingers.
- In a large bowl whip the cream, vanilla extract and sugar together until stiff
- Pour cream mixture into the bowl lined with the sponge cake or lady fingers.
- leave in a cool place for a couple of hours then serve.
Kids Christmas Recipes - CHRISTMAS CAKES
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Melt butter in a bowl in microwave.
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar and melted butter until smooth and creamy.
- Beat together the two eggs, pour slowly into the butter mixture beating well.
- Sieve the flour and baking soda, add the salt.
- Add the flour mixture to butter mixture and mix well.
- Stand the bowl in a cold place for an hour.
- On a floured board roll out your cake mixture until it is quite thin.
- Cut into small shapes. Sprinkle your shapes with sugar and bake in hot oven (400-f) for around 10 minutes.
- 2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 125g butter
- 4 eggs
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar.
- Beat the eggs together with a fork then add slowly to the butter mixture. Add a little flour if mixture curdles
- Fold in the flour gently then add the milk and vanilla essence and combine gently.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, Gas Mark 4.
- Put 24 cupcases into a 2 patty tins, pour the mixture into cases then bake in oven for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked.
Once cool you can decorate with icing etc.
Kids Christmas Recipes - REALLY EASY FUDGE
- 1500g chopped plain chocolate or chocolate chips
- 2 (397g) tin condensed sweetened milk
- 110g butter
- In a large microwave bowl pour in the condensed milk the butter and the chocolate chips.
- Place in microwave and microwave on a medium heat.
- Stir the mixture a couple of times whilst it is cooking and cook for around 6 minutes until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour this mixture into greased glass bowl.
- Place in fridge to cool and set.
- Cut into pieces and eat Yummy!
Chocolate Covered Cereals and Fruit
- 1 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup raisins
- 1 Cup Cereal such as cheerios
- 1/4 cup coconut pieces
- Prepare a baking tray by lining with greaseproof paper.
- Place chocolate chips in bowl in microwave and heat until melted (follow the instructions on the bag).
- Add the raisins and cereals to the melted chocolate and gently mix until everything is covered.
- Place dessertspoons of mixture onto the greaseproof paper then place in the fridge for a few hours to chill.
Kids Christmas Recipes - SPICED ORNAMENTS
- 1 Cup applesauce drained
- 3/4 cup ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground anise
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbs. ground cloves
- 1 tbs. ground nutmeg
Other pages you may like:
kids christmas cookies recipes
Fun Snack Recipes
How to make homemade bread
Cookie recipes for kids
No cook recipes for kids
Healthy kids recipes
Chocolate recipes for kids
- In a bowl mix the applesauce with the spices
- This should make a stiff dough, add more spices if too runny.
- Take mixture out onto a lightly floured board and roll out to about 1/4" thick.
- Use cookie cutters to make desired shapes.
- Create a hole in the top of the decoration with the end of a straw ready for the thread to hang your decoration.
- Let dry 4 to 5 days on a wire rack, turning each day, or dry, by placing in a low oven until ornaments are hard.
- This mixture makes around 20 shapes dependent on size of shapes made.
- These ornaments will smell lovely all over the christmas period.
Leave kids christmas recipes Page and return to recipes for Kids Page
Return to parenting kids home page