Kids Party Food
Kids Birthday Party Food
On this page you will find some kids party food ideas. Kids birthday party food can be hot, cold, a meal, a buffet or simply fruit and cake.
We find it easier to sort a budget before we decide on party food.
If you need a frugal party then aim to have a party between mealtimes and then serve ice cream and birthday cake.
Don't feel you have to produce an amazing birthday cake either.
We have had birthdays with the kids decorating cupcakes as a party activity.
These are then placed on a plate in the centre of the table and they go down well in place of a cake.
You have the added bonus of not having to cut a cake.
It is also a wonderful party activity
Don't forget about food allergies,
check with the parents of your kids guests. You could add the question to the invitation.
Hot sit down meals can go down really well with kids.
You can then choose to cook it yourself or buy it in.
Here are some ideas for hot meals:
- Pasta with a variety of toppings.(cheese, tomato sauce, pesto)
- Pizza and garlic bread
- Fish and chips.
- Hot dogs.
- Hamburgers and fries.
- Tacos with a choice of fillings.
- Mcdonalds or Kentucky fried chiken.
- Fish fingers and fries.
- Chicken nuggets and chips
A great favorite of our kids has been pasta with a sauce and pizza on the same plate. Garlic bread can be served on the side.
Savoury buffet style kids party food
- Mini pitta bread pockets (fill with tuna and mayonaisse, ham, grated cheese)
- Pizza (can be cut into shapes)
- Sandwiches cut into shapes with cookie cutters (fill with ham, grated cheese, cheese spread)
- Cocktail sausages
- Mini sausage rolls
- Mini quiche
- Mini scotch eggs
- Bagels split in half with a topping on each half
- Chicken wings
- Chicken nuggets
- Southern fried chicken wings
- Ants on a log (celery filled with cream cheese, dotted with raisins)
- Vegetable crisps(peel and thinly slice swede, potato, parsnip, beetroot, and carrot, drizzle with oil and cook in oven until crisp)
- Crudites with dips
- Chip style snacks
Sweet buffet style food for kids party food
- Chocolate fountain see if you can borrow one if you don't have one, the kids love them, they can dip in pieces of fruit, marshmallows, cookies etc.
- Frozen bananas on a stick (put a lolly stick into each banana, lay on a tray and freeze, you could roll in honey and then coat with hundreds and thousands or coconut then freeze)
- Fruit kebobs (skewer pieces of fruit onto a popsicle stick)
- A tray of bite sized fruit pieces with a dip(ie. strawberries, banana, mango, peach, apple, halved grapes red and green, pineapple)
- Fairy cakes
- Iced gems
- Jaffa cakes
- Chocolate fingers
Kids party food theme ideas
Kids tea party food
- Sandwich fingers or shapes (these will be more delicate if you roll the bread out with a rolling pin and of course cut off those yucky crusts)
- Pink wafer biscuits
- Marshmallows and strawberries dipped in chocolate then sprinkles
- Cupcakes made in petit fours cases and decorated
- Pink lemonade or very weak tea or a fruit tea
- Very small pizza shapes
- Mini sausage rolls
- Small iced biscuits
Serve food on silver trays with doilies, pour drinks from a teapot, use mini cups and saucers.
Pirate kids party food
kids party food page and return to home page
- Chicken nuggets and ketchup
- Potato faces with a dollop of ketchup in one eye
- Pizza squares
- Black and white M and M's
- Fish n chips
- Macaroni cheese
- Goldfish crackers
- Hot dogs with pork and beans
- Root beer, dark cola or lemonade with ice cubes of cranberry juice to turn it red, go down well as drinks
Return to parenting kids home page