Fun Easy Kids Recipes - Easy Recipes For Kids
Giving Time - Teaching Skills for Life
Easy kids recipes... Yummy kid friendly recipes for You and Your Kids .... recipes for kids to make and eat
These are easy kids recipes that you and the kids can do together.
Cooking is a great activity to spend time doing together.
On a rainy day why not spend some time together in the kitchen.
Make sure kids wash hands before they start cooking and supervise anything in the kitchen until you are sure your kids are responsible.
Easy Recipes for Kids
Here you will find a collection of easy kids recipes activities
which you will find really useful
Easy Recipes -Tortilla chips
You will need: baking trays, cookie cutters, aprons.
- 1 packet large flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Get kids to use cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the large flour tortillas.
- Kids can put the shapes on a baking sheets and spray with oil.
- Place baking trays in oven and bake for about 5 minutes on 350 or 180 degrees.
Easy Recipes -Pretzel stick Sandwiches
What you will need:
- cubes of wholemeal bread
- cubes of cheese
- grape tomatoes
- cooked ham or chicken
- cubes of cucumber
- Pretzel sticks
- Kids can thread ingredients onto pretzel sticks.
- These are great for lunches, picnics an parties
More easy kids recipes
Easy Recipes -Strawberry Fool
You will need: small bowl, fork, aprons.
- 250g fresh strawberries
- 500g pot of Greek yoghurt
- Zest of one lemon
- 2tbsp honey
- Get kids to mush strawberries in a bowl with a fork.
- They can then add honey and mix well.
- In another bowl mix the greek yoghurt and the zest of the lemon. Beat this together.
- Put a spoon of the strawberry mixture in a bowl then a spoon of the yoghurt mixture on top.
- Layer the two until bowl is full then cool in fridge.
Easy Recipes - Scrambled Eggs and Cheese
You will need to start: bowl, whisk, microwave or saucepan
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- knob butter
- 1oz grated cheese
- worcestershire sauce
- Kids can break eggs into microwave bowl and whisk together
- Put knob of butter, cheese and milk into eggs
- Place into microwave and cook on two minutes on medium.
- Keep stirring the eggs whilst cooking
- When cooked to your liking remove bowl from microwave
- Add few drops of worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Tip eggs onto toast or bread and eat
More easy kids recipes
Easy Recipes - Bacon Pasta
You will need:kitchen scissors, frying pan, saucepan aprons.
- Serves 4
- 1 Pack bacon
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4oz mushrooms sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Enough pasta for 4 we usually use 450g (dried or fresh)
- Cook pasta and drain
- Kids can cut up bacon with scissors
- With your help they should fry bacon and onion.
- When this is nearly fried add mushrooms.
- When mushrooms are cooked spoon in cream cheese, parsley and salt and pepper
- Take off heat.
- Add to cooked pasta, pop back on heat to warm through
Easy Recipes -Hot chocolate
You will need:saucepan, cup, spoon
- 3 tsp. cocoa
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 3 tsp. water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Mini marshmallows and whipped cream
- Kids can mix sugar, cocoa and water into mugs and stir until smooth.
- They can pour milk into a saucepan over a medium heat until the milk is hot.
- Carefully pour the hot milk into the mugs and stir them well
- Top with marshmallows and whipped cream.
- This is a real treat on a cold night, the kids love it.
Easy Recipes -Hamburgers
You will need:large bowl, frying pan,aprons
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 small carrot (peeled and grated)
- 2 small potato (peeled and grated)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Get kids to mix together beef, carrots, potato an onion. They can mix this together with their hands.
- Add the eggs and tomato ketchup and mix again with hands
- Get kids to shape the mixture into burger shapes
- Using oil fry burgers until brown on either side and cooked through.
- Put into burger buns with pickles and cheese if required
Easy Recipes ->Roasted Vegetable Soup
You will need:baking tray, liquidizer,aprons
- zuchinni (cougettes)
- Red peppers
- Sweet potatoes
- garlic granules
- Salt pepper
- Chilli powder
- 5 oz vegetable stock
- any other veg you like roasted
Variation: Use a tin of chopped tomatoes instead of vegetable stock
- Get kids to wash and chop vegetables into medium sized pieces
- Place these on baking tray
- Spray with oil, then sprinkle over herbs, garlic granules, salt and pepper and chilli powder
- Bake in hot oven for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a while
- Get liquidiser ready.
- Put veg into liquidiser and add around 5 fluid oz vegetable stock.
- Liquidize until it is required consistency
- Add more stock if you like.
- Reheat and eat or cool and freeze for later
More easy kids recipes will be added soon
Other pages you may like:
Christmas cookies recipes
How to make homemade bread
Cookie recipes for kids
Healthy kids recipes